Friday, March 28, 2008

The Orders Are In...


Well, we found out the when and where's for the next year. I commission on 14 August at 11:00. I enter active duty on December 28. I will head to Maxwell AFB in Alabama for about 5 weeks for training. Its considered TDY (Temporary Duty) en route because it's "on my way" to my actual receiving base (Sheppard AFB in Texas.) After Maxwell I'll go to Sheppard. We'll be there together for a month or so and then I leave in March for IFS (Initial Flight Screening) in Pueblo, CO. That will go for about 5 weeks. I'll return to Shepard and "work" until ENJJPT starts in June. Right now Amy and I are discussing and praying about what to do in the times between April -August and August - December.


I just can't wait to get done with school and get on with life. Part of the plan will to be let Amy go back to school and take some classes that she's had in mind for a while. She really has grown a love for Africa, its people and their history/struggles. So, one or more of the classes will be an African Studies class. Anyway, that's the quick and dirty on our plans for the next year or so.
We are so excited to get started with this new chapter of our lives.
We are so thankful for the Lord's help in getting us to this point. He made it clear that this is what we were suppose to come and do and from the way He has made things possible we have no doubt that this is where we're suppose to be.


I have to say, that I have been blessed with the GREATEST wife in the world. From the time we moved up here to finish school and go through ROTC, everything has seemed to revolve our me and Amy pushed everything in her life out of the picture to fit my big fat schedule in. Though she would never think of saying anything about it, I have to tell everyone that she has sacrificed so much for me to be where I am and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. She has kicked my butt when required and put her arms around when needed. Amy is AMAZING! ...but I'm pretty sure you all knew that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then I'll commission in April of '09 as an O-2 and outrank you already. :)

Michelle said...

Yes, I defintely know how amazing Amy is. She is such a selfless, charitable angel!! How exciting to have these wonderful decisions to make before the beginning of the rest of your lives! Congrats on everything you've accomplished. Sheppard sounds like heaven! (okay, maybe because it's my maiden name)

Anonymous said...

I know I've already commented, but I just had to say that that quote is one of my favorites from that (and any) movie. Robert Duvall is the man.